CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 13, 2008

50 interesting facts about moi

Most of my posts entail a cute-fest of my chitluns. I decided it was time for a more grown-up post. (kind of) 


  1. I love bubblegum ice cream. I HAVE to save the gum for last and by the time I'm in a sugar coma I swear I'll never eat it again - but I just can't stay away for long.
  2. I have a dream of learning to surf. I've always had a decent excuse, but I'm not getting any younger. Anybody want to join me?
  3. I hate wearing skirts and dresses. Maybe it's just cause I'm not very lady-like, but I can't stand having to worry about flashing a beaver.
  4. The smell of Kettle Corn makes me want to vomit. I'm a total ying/yang lover, but I just can't handle the Kettle corn ying/yang.
  5. I LOVE plain air-popped popcorn - no toppings. Maybe that's why I hate the smell of Kettle corn.
  6. I hate the sound of nail clipping. I used to work for a guy who would spend about an hour doing it every day in the next room and it made me want to pull my hair out.
  7. I'm scared of the dark. There are night-lights all over my house, and as soon as it gets dark I turn on every light in the house. 
  8. I love musicals. There's just something about singing to communicate that works for me. 
  9. I have a bodily fluid phobia. I cannot kiss my kids without wiping their mouth first. As a personal trainer I was (and still am) brought to anxiety having to touch somebody else's sweat. EWWW!
  10. I love kick boxing. There's just something so teenagish about being able to kick and punch to a Fergie song.
  11. I take my pillow with me everywhere I sleep. I have a contoured pillow - without it I wake up with tension migraines so bad they make me nauseous and I can't see straight.
  12. Yoga has changed my life. 
  13. I miss Ali McBeal desperately. Why did she leave? Where did she go? 
  14. I love making out in a hot tub...
  15. My left kneecap dislocates and it's the most painful thing I've ever experienced in my life.
  16. Angelina bugs me. 
  17. I played water polo in high school and have probably accidentally grabbed more packages than I care to remember. Back then there were no girls teams so we played with the guys. 
  18. My first kiss was on Tom Sawyers Island when I was 13 to a boy named Brent (not my first boyfriend).
  19. My first boyfriend was named Adam and he played the flute in the band. My guy friends used to always tease me that he played the skin flute and I had no idea what they meant back then - I'm glad I didn't - but that's probably why he wasn't my first kiss.
  20. I played the piccolo in my high school marching band.
  21. I hate bananas. 
  22. I love the feeling/smell of a freshly washed car.
  23. Halloween is my favorite holiday - my birthday is the 1st of November.
  24. If I could live in Hawaii, I would. Maybe someday I will. 
  25. My first job was at Wild Rivers, need I mention how much fun that was? Or how many cute boys I got to help down the slides?
  26. My favorite restaurant is the Beach Pitt. I normally don't even like pork, but their pulled pork sandwiches are to die for.
  27. I'm fascinated by biomechanics (the study of forces on the human body - like physics for the body). I went back to get my masters because I was so enthralled by the study, but Cal State Long Beach fell way short of my expectations. Lucky for me Trey was born after I was half way through my course work. I CANNOT WAIT to go back to finish my degree (somewhere other than CSULB).
  28. I hate going to movies. My knees ache after about 30 minutes, and I have to keep moving so I don't get a head ache. At home I lack enough patience to make it all the way through a movie. Unless it involves Johnny Depp.
  29. I have had a crush on The Fonz, Luke Skywalker, and Officer Jon Baker from CHiPs since I was a little girl. 
  30. I'm a sucker for a good reality tv show. I love Bachelor, So you think you can Dance, survivor, and The Amazing Race.
  31. Oprah makes me cry almost every episode. So does Extreme Makeover Home Edition.
  32. I love a good food fight - way more than I should.
  33. I have BAD arachnaphobia. I have to regularly kill black widows in my back yard and it never gets easier. I use the hose to dislodge them and stomp on them 92 times until they're unrecognizable. I've actually woken Dave up to kill a huge spider in the shower one morning. 
  34. My favorite flower is a tulip. Poppy's are a very close runner up.
  35. I love to golf. Especially with my husband. Even more especially in Hawaii.
  36. In my field I have a specialty with Pre and post natal women. I found out after I'd developed that specialty and I'd been teaching a pre/post natal exercise class for 3 years that I couldn't have children. 
  37. My heroes are the birthmothers of my children. I thank Heavenly Father every day for these women that have changed my life in countless ways. I love them like sisters.
  38. I love to country dance. Haven't done it in a while, but I hope to again someday. 
  39. My most embarrassing moment was in Jr High ( as if Jr high isn't embarrassing enough). I was sitting in a lecture and had the urge to sneeze. Little did I know my body had a bum bubble in the que at the same time. The sneeze caused that bubble to surface at mach speed. On a hard plastic chair, it could be heard down the hall. 
  40. I love to kiss my kids on their cheek chub.
  41. My second most embarrassing moment was when I was kissing my boyfriend when I was in college. It must have gone on for a while, or I must have been irresistible because he couldn't pull away fast enough before burping right in my mouth. 
  42. I love doing laundry - I hate doing dishes.
  43. I don't think my husband has ever heard me pass gas.
  44. I love to put potato chips in my ham and cheese sandwiches.
  45. I love turtles. Before my kids were born I rescued 3 baby turtles being sold on the street in the garment district in LA. Their names were Torpedo, Elmo, and Peso.
  46. I live for chocolate chip cookies and a glass of cold milk.
  47. I lost my first wedding ring. It makes me cry just thinking about it, even to this day, nearly 6 years later. 
  48. My husband can tie a bow better than I can.
  49. My hands and feet are always cold. I HATE being cold.
  50. I'm the grumpiest mom in the mornings. I'm SOO not a morning person. My poor kids.    
I tag Jenna, Carrie, and Mitch

8 love notes:

Robins Nest said...

Oooh fun. I'll surf with you. You let me know the time! I've been waiting for a friend to catch the bug so that I could have a partner in crime.

Anonymous said...

TAG? I DON'T KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS, BUT...UH, TAG BACK???!!

Lea Fuhriman said...

Angelina bugs me TOO, I have been wanting to surf all my life (this summer there is no excuses for me now that I live here) and as you know I totally heart Tulips too. Thank you for number 37 I feel exactly the same way about you!

Qwendykay said...

YOU LOVE BUBBLE GUM ICE CREAM!!! I've never met anyone else that loves it like I do!!! Did you know they sell it at the grocery store now, it's made by Breyers...

Also.. I wish your Park Days were on Tuesdays!

Whitney said...

Hey Steph. That was a fun post to read. I love learning new things about people! I have to say, I almost always cry watching Oprah and Extreme Makeover Home Edition, too. It never fails!

byers babes said...

Loved reading all these new revelations about my dear friend. I got your tag and I'm working on it . . . of course, it won't be as interesting as yours.

Tierney said...

Funny - I put potato chips in my sandwiches too and Vinny thinks I'm a freak! The boyfriend burping in your mouth thing is disgusting. I would have dry heaved right then...I'm surprised you didn't.

carrie said...

So fun to read Steph! I also cry when I see Home Makeover--every time! I'm a rookie and it's been a while--but I'll go surfing with you too. I would love to get better at it. I still don't understand how in the world do you not like Kettle Corn?!?