CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 4, 2008

Yo Ho Yo Ho a little boy's life for me...

Can I just proclaim my love for little-boyhood. I love to live life through the eyes of my preschoolers. The passion they find for the little things in life is mesmerizing. What an existence to live for a new Star Wars toy, or a trip to Sea World. How simple life seems when the worries us adults carry are put into perspective by a child without a care. It makes me realize how truly foolish I can be as my biggest worries usually turn out to be nothing at all. And what does worrying accomplish anyway? Children place importance on the things that we cannot live without: laughter, family, love, sunshine, care-free play, friends, good food, hugs and kisses (a hi-five must always accompany every hug and kiss in my house), and saying, "I love you".


 Caleb's latest boyhood obsession is pirates.
Trey has turned into my resident fish. He loves the water and lives for any opportunity to wear his "oggle-globes" (even the bathtub). He's so smart - he is teaching himself to swim and I'm so proud of him!!

6 love notes:

carrie said...

Well said Steph...if only we could all live through the perspective of a child, how stress free our lives would be! LOVE the pic of Caleb the pirate...did you do that at Disneyland? That's funny...Cameron has been into pirates more as well. He loves to fight with swords and play Peter Pan & Hook. Trey is DEFINITELY a fish! Good for him...he IS doing great! I've seen him...he just can't seem to stay away from water. That must make for some really good shuteye. He must sleep like a baby! I still need to get my kids some "oogle-globes."

Nocella Clan said...

Your boys are totally too cute. So is Caleb's pirate make up a PERMANENT marker? You know that's how we do it!

Nicki said...

I totally know what you mean, Steph! I mean, little girls and their princesses and pink stuff is adorable, but nothing tugs my heart like seeing Grant and his passion for cars! I'm anxious to see him discover new boy things (yes, even bugs!)

Cute pictures... cute post!

byers babes said...

I love the pic of Trey in black and white. That captures him perfectly.

J-Dawg said...

Boys are so great--I have to agree. I think that there is a special bond between mother and son. Caleb and Trey are so blessed to have you as their mom. I too love the B&W of Trey. I love how his hair looks like he got highlights at the salon.

Charlie & Judy said...

Your boys are so cute and photogenic!!! I love the picture of Caleb as a pirate. Noah loves pirates ever since we took him on the pirates of the caribbean at Disneyland. You are such a FUN Mom and the boys are lucky to have you!