CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Grateful Sunday

I have so much to be grateful for in my life. My top 10 at the moment:



1. Being a mom. I'm so grateful that I'm blessed by the love of my children. They give love freely, and most often, I'm the recipient. Parenthood has taught me so much about selflessness on so many levels. I try to savor every moment with them as if it were my last.


2. The temple. It is such a miracle to me to be sealed to those I love most in this world. I'm so grateful for my testimony of eternal families. I love the spirit I feel when I enter the temple and the peace it gives me to be in the house of the Lord.


3. Disneyland. I've created some wonderful memories here with my family. I'm grateful for the way it brings me closer to my children. 


4. My Friends. I'm blessed to have the most caring, giving, loving friends a girl could ask for. Most of them will never know how much they have blessed my life forever. I love you!!!



5. A book entitled A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle. This book has brought me such a deep spiritual understanding. It has helped me understand life in  way I never thought I could. It has changed who I am. It helps me understand how to attain peace and happiness in a very deep and permanent way. Go Oprah!!                                                                                                                                                                                            
6. The Atonement. It is such a blessing to know that I don't have to do it all by myself. The feeling of knowing I'm never alone brings such security and joy. I thank Heavenly Father everyday for the Atonement.

7. Primary songs. I'm the Primary chorister in my ward, and there is nothing sweeter than hearing the 5th ward primary sing "If the Savior stood Beside Me". Today I told my primary that hearing them sing is music to my ears. I told them if they sang really well, I would thank them for the music to my ears with a treat that was sweet to their tongue. I've never heard them sing more beautifully. (hey - I'll take what I can get - I don't care if I have to bribe with sugar). I also love to see my beautiful boy as he silently sits in the front row - too embarrassed to sing. Every night before bed, he blows my mind by singing the whole song - all 3 verses. My Treyden inspires me.  



8. Yoga. This is triangle pose - one of my favorites. Yoga is my sanity. It gives back 10 times what I put in. Even teaching I feel a peace and stillness at the end of an hour of practice that I struggle to find anywhere else.

9. Prayer. Heavenly Father is just genius. He gives us a line of communication that's always open, always free, always connected, and he always gives us the answers if we just ask and then listen. I gained a testimony of prayer when I was 14, and I've never lost or forgotten what a powerful tool prayer is if you use it correctly. I truly consider prayer one of my greatest gifts.

10. My bed. No explanation necessary.



5 love notes:

Anonymous said...

ok, so I didn't even remember your first kiss was there too!! WIERD!!-Michelle

Nicki said...

These are some beautiful things to be grateful for... thanks for sharing!

Randi said...

I felt peace just reading your list. I love when people are able to put things into perspective for me. Thanks Steph.

carrie said...

I loved reading those--thanks for sharing Steph! The Primary kids DID sing great on Sunday and that song is one of my favorites too. It has such beautiful lyrics. I wish I could hear Trey sing all 3 verses--how precious.

Our Family said...

Isn't it the coolest thing when you come home from church and the things our kids retain and actually understand-it blows my mind too! Thank heavens for teachers who are willing to teach them about the gospel!