CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 4, 2008

Our sweet Lucas

This post is dedicated to my sweet Lucas. I'm so very sad to report that our Lucas's adoption fell through. I'm heart-broken by his departure, but I know Heavenly Father will take care of him as well as our family as we grieve.

Luke is the happiest baby I've ever encountered. He brought smiles to everybody's face. He slept and ate like a dream and rarely cried - never without cause. He has a special soul. Even though I miss him terribly, I'm forever grateful Heavenly Father sent him to our home for a short time. He has a sparkle in his eyes that gives away his special sweetness. 

Here's your test, see if you can look at some of my favorite snapshots of our time with Lucas and not smile. 



9 love notes:

Qwendykay said...

Steph,
I am heartbroken. My heart just aches for you and your family. I just want you to know I am praying for you and for sweet Lucas.

Whatever you need, just tell me. I am totally here for you.

byers babes said...

I LOVE him!! I cried looking at these. Thanks for this post. What a sweetie. He'll always be little Georgie.

Nicki said...

Steph,

I was so, so VERY sorry to hear this news! I can't imagine what this time must be like for you and your family. I'm sad that I never got the chance to meet Luke, but I truly enjoyed the pictures you shared on your blog and especially these ones. I commend you on your strength.

Let's get together more often, it was fun last week!

Love,
Nicki

Tierney said...

He is such a cute little boy! My favorite one is when he is smiling in his sleep. I'm so sorry this special little guy didn't get to stay with your family, but I do believe there is a reason for everything. Love the pics of when you came to visit!

Randi said...

I'm sad I never got to meet him. So darling. What a sweet spirit he must have brought into your home. And that will stay with you. You are in our prayers.

Lea Fuhriman said...

I had to smile at these pictures and cry a little too. Lucas was such a little sweetheart. Thank you for letting me spend the evening with you all last Summer so I was able to see him and hold him while he slept. I love you guys and are praying for you constantly. Give Treyden and Caleb my love.

J-Dawg said...

What a happy boy! I have several favorite pictures--the one with all three boys where Caleb has poor Lucas in a headlock, the one with both of his arms in the air smiling in his sleep, the one with his crinkly nose, and the one with Trey kissing his cheek. I can not even imagine the heartache you must be experiencing. Thanks for sharing these special memories of sweet Lucas. My heart goes out to you; hang in there Steph. :)

Robins Nest said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you. Thanks for the post, he is so cute.

Whitney said...

Hi Steph

Lucas certainly looks like a sweetheart. How lucky he was to stay in your home. I am so very sorry. We're thinking of you!

Whitney